[Zope] ZServer Must Be Continually Re-Started

Will Dennis willd@p-wave.com
Fri, 11 May 2001 14:30:12 -0400

Hello,

I have the same (?) problem with a site running on our Zope server (Zope
2.3.0) -- The site just hangs from time to time (the Zope processes are
still running, and not taking any more memory than usual, but ZServer is
not responding to GET requests.) A stop/start cures the problem (until
it happens again.) This site is a popular site, and gets spidered a lot,
so I wonder if it is a thread consumption problem. I have written a
Python script to monitor a Zope installation (authored it for just this
problem) that is available from my Zope.org page,
http://www.zope.org/Members/willdawg .

I'd love to know why this occurs, if someone figures it out...

Thanks,

Will Dennis
P-Wave, Inc.