[Zope] log files

Fritz Mesedilla fritz.mesedilla@summitmedia.com.ph
Sat, 12 May 2001 05:10:41 +0800

Hey Thanks so much Craig!!!
That really helped me a lot.

Oh yeah, I also receive the start/stop problem. How I fixed it? I put the
start/stop in cron. Crude but effective. Please advice me if this is
*wrong*. I'm open to new ways of *fixing* this start/stop problem.
My setup is similar to yours. RH7.0 but I upgraded my Zope(2.3.2) and
ZEO(1.0b1). I think there is a 1.0b2 version.

On my experience, sometimes it is a simple permission problem on the files.
It runs for a few minutes, lets you log in on the management screen then
stops. If you change some permissions like to the Data.fs file, it will run
smoothly.

Then there are times the swap file gets used up. Either increase swap file
or cron it (stop/start).

There are also instances where the Products cause conflict. Some Products
need other Products to work. Gotta make sure everything you need is
installed. In this case, some pages will appear then not.

oh yeah, is it advisable to use a start-up script? I manually do it like:
/usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/zope/z2.py

Good luck!

Fritz Mesedilla
Systems Administrator

Summit Interactive, Inc.
FHM | Seventeen | Candy | Cosmopolitan | Preview | Good Housekeeping
femalenetwork.com | candymag.com | fhm.com.ph | cosmo.com.ph
http://contemplation401.tripod.com                     +Basta Ikaw Lord