[Zope] So...Zope Really DOES Choke And No One Knows Why?

Paul Winkler paul@calendargalaxy.com
Sat, 12 May 2001 00:55:42 -0400

Ben Ocean wrote:

> Wonderful, just wonderful. Ahh, the joys of being on the cutting edge. So
> if my installation of Zope chokes regularly-- like every few hours-- and
> apparently I'm not alone, then I guess the only way to take care of the
> problem (until someone nails it in the source code) is to write a cron
> script that tests, I reckon, port 8080, every 5 minutes or so. How do I
> test this? ping won't do it. Does anyone have a cron script written that
> they'd care to share?
> TIA,
> BenO

No, but the first thing that comes to mind is this:
You say "ping" and "cron" so I'm guessing you're on some
unix-like OS. OK then, read the wget man page and try this:
(WARNING- UNTESTED!!)

#!/bin/sh

zope_is_alive="wget -q -t 3 -T 30 http://my_zope_site/index_html
-O /dev/null"

if zope_is_alive; then
	echo `date` "and all's well"
else
	echo "Oh my god! They killed Zope! You bastards!"
	zope start
fi

Call that shell script with cron and there you go.
I think.

--
custom calendars & printing: http://www.calendargalaxy.com