[Zope] So...Zope Really DOES Choke And No One Knows Why?

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin@123piano.com
Sat, 12 May 2001 10:55:08 +0200

> Wonderful, just wonderful. Ahh, the joys of being on the cutting edge. So
> if my installation of Zope chokes regularly-- like every few hours-- and
> apparently I'm not alone, then I guess the only way to take care of the
> problem (until someone nails it in the source code) is to write a cron
> script that tests, I reckon, port 8080, every 5 minutes or so. How do I
> test this? ping won't do it. Does anyone have a cron script written that
> they'd care to share?

I personally have installed zope on a shared hosting. It is running since
the first ./start, and I never got problem. To be sure everything is ok, you
can use "uptime", a free hosted service which will test your server every 15
minutes. It will not only tell you that zope is running, but also the
webserver itself;-) That's what I do "in case of".

http://uptime.arsdigita.com/uptime/about.tcl

Philippe Jadin
123piano.com