[Zope] Trailing 'L' after number values

Eric Walstad eric@walstads.net
Mon, 14 May 2001 12:44:16 -0700

Hi Neil,

I handle your problem like this in my MySQL queries:

SELECT CONV(MONTH(Birthday), 10, 10) AS BirthMonth ...yaddayaddayadda

The CONV function "Returns a string representation of the number N,
converted from base from_base to base to_base."
So in my case, MONTH was returning a Long data type which was displaying the
'L' in my query results.  I use CONV to convert the Long in base 10 to a
*String* representation of the number in base ten.  It's kind of a lame fix,
but it works!

There's a really cool searchable help system for MySQL at:
http://www.mysql.com/php/manual.php3

Hope that helps!

Eric.