[Zope] Error when packing Data.fs

Gilles Lenfant glenfant@bigfoot.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 21:49:53 +0200

Yes !

So I think I have to assign a STUPID_LOG_FILE environment var to some
/usr/zope/var/stupid.log. Cause I control this server through ssh in a (far
away from server) workstation  ???

Now there's no more this I/O Error when I make a direct "start" but it seems
that there are other problems...

Error Type: IOError
Error Value: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/zope/var/Data.fs.pack'

I corrected this by doing a dirty "chmod a+w /usr/zope/var/".
Hmmm. perhaps is there something more "secure" to do... Perhaps change the
owner of /usr/zope/var/ to "nobody" ???

Can't understand, it worked with zope 2.3.0...

Cheers

-- Gilles

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris McDonough
To: Gilles Lenfant ; zope@zope.org
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Error when packing Data.fs

Oh wait.  Damn.  I had this conversation last week.  ;-)

You're starting Zope through something like this:

./start &

You then close the terminal window, and Zope's controlling terminal
disappears.... Zope is trying to send output to stdout, but stdout is gone.
You get the IOError.

Instead of starting Zope this way, start Zope from a terminal that doesn't
get closed.

- C