[Zope] Crazy Problem With Having to Restart Zope Won't Go Away!

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 17:59:43 -0400

> I don't know. All I know is that from the discussion on this list last
> week, I discovered *several* people have had a problem with the ZServer
> quitting for no apparent reason since the early days of Zope. Now, that
> sounds like a bug to me.

Actually, I believe several people have reported that Zope *hangs* on them,
for unknown reasons.  I didn't see a corroborative report of Zope *crashing*
on them.  These are likely (at least) two distinct problems.

I'd like to help you.  I'd like to help everybody, actually.  But I can't
without a little help from you.  Providing a bug report that says "Zope
crashes/hangs on me, I can't establish a pattern, it happens at all times of
the day, and I haven't spend any time narrowing the symptoms down any
further" is a bug report that I can't do much with.  I can ask you for more
information (which I've done), but otherwise I'm fairly helpless.

We've solved these sorts of problems in the past with help from folks who
were able/willing to narrow down the problem to a replicable test case.  If
you can spend the time to do the same, we can likely solve it or at least
provide a workaround.

- C