[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Professional Sites Using Zope??

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 11:15:35 +0100

Hi Jawad,

> I am a newbie in zope and want to use it to develop a e-commerce order
> processing system using Zope.

There are a few of these already IIRC

> Please let me know What Database will be useful and please don't recommend MY
> SQL. It does not even support Foreign Key relationship.

Wow, 'cos thats' so important to me! ;-)

You need to look at Zope more closely before you ask this question. Zope objects
are stored in the ZODB, an object database that forms part of Zope. However, you
can access external RDBMS such as MySQL and Oracle using Zope's excelent ZSQL
Method and Database Connection objects.

> I am also interested to know Is there any professionally developed sites in
> Zope/Python. Please let me know the URL.

There are too many to list here, but try http://www.cbsnewyork.com for a nice
high-profile one.

cheers,

Chris

PS: Points of etiquette:

1. Don't post in HTML to a list that expicitly asks you not to.

2. Post to the right list. Zope-dev is for the development of zope itself, you
wanted the zope@zope.org list, where I've CC'ed this.