[Zope] [ANN] ZShell 0.9

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 13:38:08 -0400

From: "Jerome Alet" <alet@unice.fr>
> I'm pleased to announce you the very latest ZShell version: 0.9
> You can download it from:
-snip-8<---
> http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome/zshell/
>
> New features:
> =============
>
> - Commands grep, view, properties and manage added.
>   WARNING: no security check is done on manage.
> - Command replace was deleted since grep can do replace.
> - Command google now opens a new window.
> - If javascript is not activated then new windows
>   are not opened but the user can follow links to
>   the results in commands: google, view, properties
>   and manage.
> - Some minor fixes.
> - Code simplifications.
> - find was going one level too deep when --maxdepth
>   was used.

Yow! The best just keeps getting better. Thanks
:-)

-------------------------------
BUG REPORT [latest zshell-0.9]:

RESULTS Manage/View links not yet 100% compatible with SiteRoot

Since version 0.8 the handy hyperlinked command set to the right of the
zshell input textarea have been working correctly. But the 'manage/view'
links in the far right hand column which are 'Results:' returns when doing,
for example 'ls *'

These are still slightly broken on my setup:
Linux RedHat 6.2
Zope 2.3.2
SiteAccess2 and SiteRoot instance in zoperoot
Apache 1.3.14 with ProxyPass and ProxyReverse directives

Now I am losing the Path which SiteRoot handles:
Base = http://www.mysite.com
Path = /zope

Thus Zope is happily running on http://www.mysite.com/zope

Manage/View links from zshell is missing the /zope.
For example, 'View' link for index_html points at
http://www.mysite.com/index_html

It should be
http://www.mysite.com/zope/index_html

------------------------
GUI SUGGESTION

Include an 'implemented' property status flag for each zshell command
method.
Those commands not yet implemented should be listed by not yet actively
hyperlinked.
This way easier to see what is available to use.
As zshell is clearly alive and growing, this will make it easier for new
users to avoid confusion and frustration.

hth
./Jason