[Zope] Crazy Problem With Having to Restart Zope Won't GoAway!

Paul Winkler slinkp23@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 16:20:41 -0400

Ben Ocean wrote:
> The only information I have thus far is that my little shell script
> complains that it can't find the ./start script, even after it's found it
> before. Perhaps it starts Zope, checks on Zope, then when Zope crashes
> suddenly it can no longer find the ./start file. But I can find it! It
> hasn't gone anywhere. Then, equally inexplicably, my infinite loop script dies.

Shell scripting is a mysterious art to mere mortals like you and
I.
I don't think I'd ever trust a shell script to run forever,
since I've written scripts that sometimes do what I expect and
sometimes behave differently with the *exact* same input, and
never been able to solve it.

Some things I'd try:
1) If it can't find ./start each time, put in the full path to
your start script.
Problem gone.
2) Maybe add another cron job that checks to see if your first
script is running, and starts it if not?  ps | grep should tell
you if it's running. I know, this is getting very hacky...

--
custom calendars & printing: http://www.calendargalaxy.com