[Zope] Zope log in too slow in local network

Igor Leturia igor@emun.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 11:20:46 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C0DEC3.6B5E3920

  Hi!

  I'm new with Zope, I just downloaded and installed it yesterday. But =
I've got a problem: I installed Zope in my local network's server, which =
runs on Windows 2000 server, as a service; when I go to another =
computer, open the navigator and type http://localhost:8080/manage, I =
have to wait for more than a minute till it asks my username and =
password; after that it works fine and very fast, but I think the =
waiting time at the beginning is not normal and I want to fix that.

  I think that the problem might be that it starts finding the address =
in the internet, and when that fails (after a minute) it tries on the =
local network. How can I fix this? The server with Zope is a Windows =
2000 Server, but the computer connected to the internet is a Windows 98 =
with a gateway installed.=20

  Thanks in advance,

                Igor

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C0DEC3.6B5E3920

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; Hi!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; I'm new with Zope, I just =
downloaded and=20
installed it yesterday. But I've got a problem: I installed Zope in my=20
local&nbsp;network's server, which runs on Windows 2000 server, as a =
service;=20
when I go to another computer, open the navigator and type <A=20
href=3D"http://localhost:8080/manage">http://localhost:8080/manage</A></F=
ONT>,<FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2> I have to wait for more than a minute till it =
asks my=20
username and password; after that it works fine and very fast, but I =
think the=20
waiting time at the beginning is not normal and I want to fix =
that.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; I think that the problem might =
be that it=20
starts finding the address in the internet, and when that fails (after a =
minute)=20
it tries on the local network. How can I fix this? The server with Zope =
is a=20
Windows 2000 Server, but the computer connected to the internet is a =
Windows 98=20
with a gateway installed. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Igor</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C0DEC3.6B5E3920--