[Zope] SPAM! (was Zope Survey)

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Fri, 18 May 2001 14:41:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Tony McDonald wrote:

> I would hope that this email has been sent only to those people who
> did say they were still interested in having their Zope space kept
> open and by doing this, it seems DC have *deliberately tried* not to
> send extraneous spam.

How strange then, that I recieved two accounts of the Zope Survey
invitation to two "old" e-mail addresses I have had.  None of which (as
far as I can remember) has ever appeared in my properties as a member on
Zope.org.  Quite on the contrary, the address I'm registred with at
Zope.org did not recieve the survey:

erik@src.no - recieved survey
erik@enge.net - recieved survey
erik@esol.no - registrered at Zope.org, but did not recieve survey
erik@thingamy.net - did not recieve survey

Hmpf.

Maybe a new attribute on the member object on Zope.org would do the trick;
wanna-recieve-survey-type-emails-every-now-and-then?  I wouldn't have a
problem checking "yes" on that one.  I did fill out the survey, but I
don't like the way it was distributed.