[Zope] Re: [Zope-CMF] CMFTopic problem, passing args in DTML, or just brain damage?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 20:36:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 May 2001, marc lindahl wrote:

> Still, I'm confused, then why would that url
> (...list?Subject='something') work at all?

Because you were visiting the topic's default view
('topic_view'), with the REQUEST populated with a form variable,
'Subject', set to 'something.  Because you reached 'list' via URL
traversal, ZPublisher is helping out by finding some appropriate
default method to call on it.

> By signature you mean list(_.None,_) ?

Right -- signature is name of the function, plus arguments and
return type.  In this case, since 'list' is not callable, I'm
surprised you didn't get a TypeError.

Tres.