[Zope] Creating a learning environment with CMF

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson@yahoo.co.uk
Sun, 20 May 2001 22:18:18 +0100 (BST)

I'm looking at creating a learning environment system for use within
our institution using the Content Management Framework. The tutor for a
given course unit would have a space in which they could provide notes
and other resources - discussion forums, quizzes, etc. The tutor should
also be to decide who gets to use the resources for their particular
unit (although they won't be responsible for creating users in the
first place, such details likely coming from an LDAP directory). I will
probably want to be able to make custom CMF-aware tools available to
all builders of course units. My question is whether each course unit
should be a separate CMF Portal instance, or whether there should be
one Portal instance and some folderish product being used for the
course units?

Hamish Lawson
University of St Andrews