[Zope] Date fields in new ZClasses

Flynt rhess@bic.ch
Mon, 21 May 2001 00:58:55 +0200

"Ronald L. Chicheter" wrote:

> I'm using Zope 2.3.2 and created a ZClass.  I wanted to add a (date)
> field as a standard property for the class.  However, unlike the string
> properties, I had to include an actual date in the data field.  It gave
> me an error when I tried to leave it blank.
>
> Does anyone know why you MUST include a non-null date in a date field of
> a ZClass?
>
> Cheers,

Hi Ronald

AFAIK, it is simply that an empty value is not considered as a valid
date type, and you specified (or had to specify) a type of *date* for
this property field. There are other data types for which an empty value
is not valid, e.g. *int* or *float*.

Maybe best is, to give it a default date of *January 1, 1970*.

--Flynt--