[Zope] Date fields in new ZClasses

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Sun, 20 May 2001 19:03:04 -0500

"Ronald L. Chicheter" wrote:

> Does anyone know why you MUST include a non-null date in a date field of
> a ZClass?

How about because taht's the way it works <vbg>

Guess you really didn't need that did you Ron?
Anyway, the work around that I use is to just include a default
that I know is either far into the past or far into the future so
it can be excluded easily. Then any time you instantiate that
class you also have to include a default for any dates that you
do not yet want to fill. I usually just use a hidden field in the
form.

IIRC, the my_date_property:ignore_empty  doesn't work either.

All in all, it's still better than using a string property and
doing the conversions.

--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (731) 884-4126