[Zope] Calculating how long time a user spends on a page

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
Mon, 21 May 2001 10:17:54 +0200

Gitte Wange wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to find out how long time a user spend on a page in my zope site.
> Guess you can do that by a session/cookie,

I know of noe way you can do it reliably using session/cookies ;(

>but I don't know anything about it.
> Anyone who has tried to do something like this ?
>
> It's for a cinema that plays movies (pay-per-view), so I need to count the
> minutes from the movie begins to the user exits.
>
> Any good ideas ?

The only way I can think of is measuring the actual movie stream.

That also seems to be most fair as that (and not viewing the page around
it)
is what you actually charge for ;)

Hannu