[Zope] [Support] help needed

alan truesdale alan@mlug.ca
Mon, 21 May 2001 11:34:48 -0400

Hello Nallaraja.
While localhost represents the machine you are sitting on It is possible to
have port 8080 on your machine listen to port 80 on a remote machine using ssh

ssh -L 8080:remote.com:80 remote.com
doing this
http://localhost:8080
and
http://www.remote.com
will produce the same results

I use this trick to pass my Zope password encrypted directly to a machine
running  ZServer.
I also use it to redirect a X-vnc desk top to the same machines so I can do secure user friendly administration.

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted, but hope it helps.
Alan

BTW I use openSSH in linux I have never tried this in NT its been years since I sat at a win machine, but I'm pretty sure this would work.