[Zope] Q: Verifying the poll numbers

Andy andy@agmweb.ca
Mon, 21 May 2001 21:48:07 -0700

Wow, I came back from a holiday to find such a reaction to my poll. A few
things:

-    I wouldn't take the poll in the slighest bit seriously in any way. As
my last poll showed where someone came and voted 360 times. In fact just
today someone from 212.8.219.171 at 8:00 (while I was cooking breakfast over
a campfire) voted for the storage layer 120 times. Hmm. (And I checked all
the answers by the way).

- Tony McDonald: You are completely right. I could have swung the results a
totally different way, by adding in "Better Documentation" and everyone
would have voted for that. I didnt because I knew everyone would and it
wouldnt show anything (except I think the documentation is getting better
every day). Most of the time I try and keep my polls amusing, light hearted
and put about 2 minutes thought into them. Perhaps I need more :)

- This was sparked off in my mind by the survey which didnt mention any IDE
at all. In fact the first few things there just databases, which I
summarised as kick-ass database support. In fact it is similar to that
survey.

- The only thing I have felt missing from the discussion here is the exact
same people the survey is meant to target, people who dont use or have given
up on Zope. Most people on this list have very high technical skills and
have found a way to edit Zope, be it XEmacs, FTP or some other way. People
are great at adapting to a problem and finding solutions (I know many people
who think its fine to just cut and paste into the text area,  they like it,
and do it with remarkable speed). Newbies, occasional users and those who
have given up will be more likely the ones to complain.

So there you go, the goal was to spark off discussion on one thing I felt
was missing in that survey, the IDE. It did so I will be quiet and let you
continue discussing it.

Thanks for visiting my site.
--
  Andy McKay