[Zope] Vote for Windowing Toolkit to use for Fat Client

albert boulanger aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue, 22 May 2001 10:55:18 -0400 (EDT)

   On a related note (I think?), how hard would it be to build a Groove-like
   system with ZEO?  I have never used Groove, but it sounds like a useful
   groupware tool for everyman.  If the basis of Groove is incremental
   synchronisation of shared databases, then ZEO seems to offer similar
   functionality, especially if it encrypted the synchronisation protocol,
   which is what you, Chris, mentioned doing in a previous post.

   --- Alastair

We at vPatch have also been looking at another P2P system called Magi
--  www.endtech.com .  It is just coming out with a killer work flow
system with explicit work flow -- ie the work flow states are displayed
as a work flow graph which I think is necessary when you get more
complex work flows.

This leads me to the question. Does DC have a strategy for P2P? In our
opinion the Application Service Provider model will be superceeded by
P2P.

Regards,
Albert Boulanger
aboulanger@vpatch.com