[Zope] Vote for Windowing Toolkit to use for Fat Client - Groove

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Tue, 22 May 2001 22:56:59 +0100

I've also been thinking about the possibility of a Groove-clone using Zope.
Seems Jabber (www.jabber.org) might be a way to do this without trying to
force Zope to do IM - i.e. Jabber handles the messaging, Zope handles the
storage and replication. There's a mention of integration with Jabber in the
Zope Book (Chapter 9??), but has anyone played with this any further? And
does anyone know why the various python-jabber clients seem to have fallen
by the wayside? :-)

Cheers, Jon
On a related note (I think?), how hard would it be to build a Groove-like
system with ZEO?  I have never used Groove, but it sounds like a useful
groupware tool for everyman.  If the basis of Groove is incremental
synchronisation of shared databases, then ZEO seems to offer similar
functionality, especially if it encrypted the synchronisation protocol,
which is what you, Chris, mentioned doing in a previous post.

--- Alastair