[Zope] Getting the day from a Timestamp / gvibda

Oliver Sturm sturm@oliver-sturm.de
Wed, 23 May 2001 11:06:45 +0200

On 22.05.2001 10:57:34 -0400 Brad Clements <bkc@murkworks.com> wrote:

>> I have a query returning a timestamp column from my interbase 6 database
>> using the Going Virtual database adapter. I want to extract the values of
>> the day/month/year ... from the variable. I tried this
>
> Here are two Extension methods I use.. Pick one

[ ... cut ... ]

> <dtml-var "_.DateTime(date_column.tuple()).day()">
>
> Based on this, I think this DTML might work

Very nice idea. But I keep having the same problem with the method
FormatDate and with that line you give above: When I try to use them (for
the method I created a python script and have this DTML: <dtml-var
"FormatDate(date_column, '%d/%m/%Y')"> ), a message box pops up telling me
my permissions are not good enough. I get the chance to re-enter my
authorization, but it doesn't work. Although I have a "Manager" account and
the Manager role has all permissions that is has by default (seems like
that's actually all there are, apart from "Take possession"), I get an
Unauthorized exception sooner or later. What funny kind of additional
permission setting is needed for this function?

Thanks a lot, Brad, for your help!

Oliver

--
Oliver Sturm / <sturm@oliver-sturm.de>