[Zope] The events based programming model for Zope ?

Bobby Mathew msg4bob@yahoo.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 17:23:35 +0530

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C0E3AD.19487440

Hi guys,

i dont know if this is the right forum for raising this kind of ideas - =
forgive me if its not. I was thinking about an event based model for the =
application servers like zope which would make life easier for the =
programmers. Just like the db triggers, mouse events etc....it would be =
great if a web server would include triggers internally like - page =
closed, page opened, page validation, object start, object destroy, and =
so on.... just thinking if anyone else has done anything like this - is =
this even a valid model for the web model.

I feel this would greatly simplify programming because if the =
programmers had to just trap the events and do the relevant coding for =
that then there could truly be a Rapid Web development Tools and Rapid =
prototyping etc which would also bring greater speed to the development =
cycle itself overall on the web.

Any ideas ? What do you guys say ? Can Zope be extended this way by =
implementing a layer within zope that raises these triggers and letting =
the programmers trap these events ? Any plans ?

Well just shooting off some ideas - pardon me if it sounds stupid.

regards
bobby

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C0E3AD.19487440

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi guys,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i dont&nbsp;know if this is the right =
forum for=20
raising this kind of ideas - forgive me if its not. I was thinking about =
an=20
event based model for the application servers like zope which would make =
life=20
easier for the programmers. Just like the db triggers, mouse events =
etc....it=20
would be great if a web server would include triggers internally like - =
page=20
closed, page opened, page validation, object start, object destroy, and =
so=20
on.... just thinking if anyone else has done anything like this - is =
this even a=20
valid model for the web model.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I feel this would greatly simplify =
programming=20
because if the programmers had to just trap the events and do the =
relevant=20
coding for that then there could truly be a Rapid Web development Tools =
and=20
Rapid prototyping etc which would also bring greater speed to the =
development=20
cycle itself overall on the web.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any ideas ? What do you guys say ? Can =
Zope be=20
extended this way by implementing a layer within zope that raises these =
triggers=20
and letting the programmers trap these events ? Any plans ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Well just shooting off some ideas - =
pardon me if it=20
sounds stupid.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>regards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>bobby</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C0E3AD.19487440--