[Zope] zopelogo nerves

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 24 May 2001 08:35:46 +0200

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 05:31:36PM +0200, Andreas Heckel wrote:
> I don't want to initiate a Browser compatibility flame war.
> But is it necessity to bother all zope.org visitors with that
> zopelogo.png ? Please have a look at your User Agent statistic.
> There are many users who are using Netscape 4.x. This browser is
> unable to render transparent png images in proper style.

At first, the logo wasn't transparent when Ethan put it up, which looked
bone ugly on my display. I then added transparency, but was silly enough
not to test that on Netscape 4.x..

When I did later on, I saw that Netscape 4.x mangles the transparency, and
I replaced it with a transparent GIF (using a licensed tool, bloody
patents).

So, I never ment to upset the Netscape 4.x users of our site, mea culpa!

--
Martijn Pieters