[Zope] [FEATURE REQUEST] comment at the top of DTML Methods and Documents

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Thu, 24 May 2001 22:16:18 +0200

Hi,

I think that putting an HTML comment at the top of DTML Methods and DTML
Documents just like the one at the top of Python Scripts would be VERY
useful. (at the bottom it would be useful too, I really don't care)

This comment would just give the object meta-type and the preferred
object id.

This would allow for ZShell, and possibly other products or external software,
to dump (ZShell's dump command) and restore objects (ZShell's wget command)
transparently:

Say I dump a DTML Method, it's saved as pure DTML source,
because I just write the document_src() output to an external file.

Now I reload it into the ZODB using the wget command, which in fact
uses the mime type to determine what object type to create:

There's a problem because it's impossible to differentiate a DTML
Method from a DTML Document, because both are detected with the
same mime type: text/html

So I think such a comment would help when importing objects into
the ZODB in unusual ways (not from the ZMI).

I've not yet tried using webdav or ftp with Zope, but I suppose
this would help there too.

Any comments ?

If you don't agree, please could you explain why ?

Thanks in advance.

Jerome Alet