[Zope] Re: ZEO Client space was:

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Fri, 25 May 2001 23:19:22 +0200

Hi sean,

--On Freitag, 25. Mai 2001 12:46 -0700 sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

> Actually, I was referring to non-routed VLANs, on the same switch(es),

I know :) But this is only a convenience-function. It does
not add relevant security. With the right knowledge
you can speak to different vlans via software on any
host down the line.

> setup so that each ZEO Client has another NIC just to access that VLAN,
> which has no other traffic.  I am currently setting up something like
> this, but I have the luxury of a dedicated NIC for this purpose (well,
> almost, I have udp heartbeats on this as well).  I am trying to keep the
> ZEO server as isolated as possible from other networks.
>
> Forgive me if this is a dumb questions, but is there a way to bind the ZSS
> process to serve certain particular interfaces only?

dont have the time to look at the source right now, but
look for the part with <socket>.bind(host,port) (not
literally)
where host is an empty string in ZEO server. Replace
this with the IP or hostname of the interface you want
to bind. (on any best fitting place down the call line)
(may be there is an option to ZEO server already)

Regards
Tino Wildenhain