Re[2]: [Zope] Prerequisites for a desktop IDE, or any desktop app w/ Zope

Marco Cantu' Marco Cantu' <marco@marcocantu.com>
Sat, 26 May 2001 00:51:21 +0200

Bruce (and others),

> Borland rethought it and decided it wasn't
> really necessary,

But then they slowly dropped form the source code some of
the design time units, and now Delphi doesn't allows you to
use portions of its IDE in a stand-alone application, which
is quite reasonable.

> And Delphi is able to produce .dfm files at runtime and to read them back
> in.

I think there is also an open and free dfm to XMl converter
around.

> It is so self-contained that it is somehow waiting to be
> stolen as a generic app framework.

See above. I can also check the license, but I don't think
there is any reference...

---
-Marco Cantu' (Wintech Italia Srl)

 US: marco@marcocantu.com - http://www.marcocantu.com