[Zope] RE: LocalFS manage_overwrite Permissions Question

Flynt rhess@bic.ch
Sat, 26 May 2001 01:07:04 +0200

Hi

I stumbled about a problem in LocalFS today, and when searching the mail
archives, I found that the question was raised already in March, but not
answered. So I send the answer also to the list. Here is the archived
email:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-March/085619.html

The *Overwrite local file* permission is not working from the ZMI, so
that
only users with the *Manager* role can overwrite a file via uploading.

I run Zope 2.3.2 with LocalFS-0.10.1 (which is the actual version on
zope.org).

The problem is a typo in module LocalFS, class LocalDirectory, method
manage_overwrite (line 678 in LocalFS.py).

Instead of:
if user is None or not user.has_permission('Overwrite files', self):

it must read:
if user is None or not user.has_permission('Overwrite local files',
self):

I apologize, if the typo is already known and I come with something old.

Greetings

--- Flynt