[Zope] ZEO homogenously distributed

Jørgen Hermanrud Fjeld jhf@say.no
Sat, 26 May 2001 04:08:15 +0200

Hi.

Having seen the implementation of a high speed database, based on a
homogenous cluster of machines, I wonder if there are plans to make a ZEN
(Zope Enterprise Network).
I am imagening ZEN with the following properties:
-Must consist of at least 2 machines.
-Data is always stored in at least two different machines
--This makes no need for a disk write, only a saved to memory on two
machines acknowledgement.
-All machines share the object index.
-All machines can handle requests and forward or load balance the request to
an appropriate machine.
-Extending the cluster is just about adding another machine.
-When a machine goes down data redistributes so that the cluster is reduntant
to yet another machine failure.

These are just some thoughts, but I would like to know if this is an idea
that someone might deem doable.

Sincerely
Jørgen