[Zope] Zope and SSL

Chris Ryland cpr@emsoftware.com
Sat, 26 May 2001 12:04:52 -0400

I've scoured the various Howto's and have found some things related to using
Zope and SSL in various ways, but I still can't quite figure out the answer
to a really basic question (please be patient--I'm a real Zope newbie).

Can Zope itself be configured (without TOO much pain) to use SSL directly,
i.e., a provide a secure (https:) connection not using Apache as an
intermediary?

I've already got Apache working with SSL, so I've got all the certificates,
keys, etc., and it's "just" a matter of getting Zope to talk security
itself, directly.

I'm also curious why this isn't built-in to Zope, i.e., why it isn't (or
doesn't seem to be) important to the core DC folks?

Thanks.
--
Cheers!
Chris Ryland