[Zope] Re: ZEO Client space was:

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Sat, 26 May 2001 11:51:22 -0400

sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

> Forgive me if this is a dumb questions, but is there a way to bind the ZSS
> process to serve certain particular interfaces only?

Not dumb atall.  ZEO/start.py has options:

   usage="""%s [options] [filename]

    where options are:

       -D -- Run in debug mode

       -d -- Generate detailed debug logging without running
             in the foreground.

       -U -- Unix-domain socket file to listen on

       -u username or uid number

         The username to run the ZEO server as. You may want to run
         the ZEO server as 'nobody' or some other user with limited
         resouces. The only works under Unix, and if the storage
         server is started by root.

       -p port -- port to listen on

       -h adddress -- host address to listen on

       -s -- Don't use zdeamon

       -S storage_name=module_path:attr_name -- A storage specification

          where:

            storage_name -- is the storage name used in the ZEO protocol.
               This is the name that you give as the optional
               'storage' keyword argument to the ClientStorage constructor.

            module_path -- This is the path to a Python module
               that defines the storage object(s) to be served.
               The module path should ommit the prefix (e.g. '.py').

            attr_name -- This is the name to which the storage object
              is assigned in the module.

    if no file name is specified, then %s is used.
    """

I think the '-h' one, with a dotted-IP address, would do the trick.

Tres.
Digital Creations      "Zope Dealers"       http://www.zope.org