[Zope] Zope (ZServer) in parallel with Apache

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Sun, 27 May 2001 11:04:04 +0200

> The one bug I can see is that I can't make Zope the default ("/") path,
can
> I? I have to pick a unique prefix like /zope in order to use this scheme.

Why? Just using proxy pass rules, you should be able to do what you want.

E.g.:

ProxyPass /whatever http://zopeserver:9999/
ProxyPassReverse /whatever http://zopeserver:9999/

ProxyPass / http://zopeserver:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://zopeserver:8080/

should pass every request for servername/whatever to the zopeserver, port
9999, the rest goes to the 8080 port. you can add many of thoes rules. As
far as I remember, you just should always make sure that the "/" rule is at
the end, as the rules are processes from the top down. Each of the folders
you specifiy can go to a different server or server subdirectory, be it an
Apache or a Zope. Of course they can even be on different machines.

> Or can I use clever rewriting rules to have *everything else* go to
special
> places (like https:/store go to normal Apache (SSL) places, /mailman go to
> the usual mailman, and everything else go directly to Zope without a
prefix?

Yes, and as I already said this should be able without rewriting rules. SSL
works fine with this, too. Just put the proxy pass rules into the section
where you define the SSL server ...