[Zope] Documentation for web-designers

Rich Pinder rpinder@usc.edu
Sun, 27 May 2001 09:21:20 -0700

While I understand the distinct skill sets, job titles, and prime focus
between  'designers'  and   'programmers'  I'd like to make a plug for the
possible integration of these two roles in VERY SMALL sites and applications.
I'm hoping to learn enough about both aspects to create a successful site
(ok..we're a research group, not needing to attract users, and not focused as
much on look and feel as we are on functionality - but we've gotta get a
better interface that what comes directly with Zope).

Wonder if an introduction of using a designing editor (ok.. i'll suggest
DreamWeaver)  and integrating it with a simple Zope site might be a good
start?   This might be a way for a senior, advanced Web Designer (with
javascript experience, etc) to grok the divide, and see how Zope could become
another took in their kits.  And it also might be a way to get Zope folks to
bring together their experiences (and frustrations?) in getting pure zope
sites to integrate with a more traditional site.

ZPT be a good thing to include in such an introduction??

rich