[Zope] Two Languages - checking if [default_en-Method] exists

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Mon, 28 May 2001 11:04:40 +0200

Hi Martin,

there is some work under its way for content-negotiation.
However, if you just want to transparent provide localized
pages, you might try out my VaryTag (see http://www.zope.org/Members/tino/ )
Its a bit ugly in the respect it needs to spawn all language blocks
in one document.
Alternatively, you can use something like that in an index_html method:

<dtml-if "'de' in objectIDs('DTML Method')">
    <dtml-if "'en' in objectIDs('DTML Method')">
        <dtml-vary lang="de">
           <dtml-var de>
        <dtml-vary lang="en">
           <dtml-var en>
    <dtml-else>
        <dtml-var de>
    </dtml-if en>
<dtml-else>
    <dtml-var en>
</dtml-if en>

Providing you have at least one of two DTML-Methods with ids 'de' and
'en' in your folder

Note: the second "vary" is not a new tag but a block continuation
(like elif to if). You can only use one vary-tag in a published
object.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain

--On Montag, 28. Mai 2001 09:17 +0200 Martin Stoetzel