[Zope] Difference between zope and apache

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Mon, 28 May 2001 14:14:05 +0200

Hi Jan-Frode,

comparing Apache with Zope is like comparing apples with
oranges ;)

Although some objects in Zope are called "Folder" and some
"Documents" or even "Files" these are all objects.

if you use the URL /a/b/c    you traverse a path to
object c as subobject of b which is in turn subobject
of a.

If an object is called, its method index_html (by convention)
is normally invoked.

This method can (like all others) be acquired down the path,
meaning, if you have one index_html as method of the root
Folder object, you have it virtually on any sub-folder object
unless you create a new one there which is like "overloading"
a method. (see documentation on OOP)

Anyway, /a/b/c is equal to /a/b/c/ in Zope.
Unlike apache it does not have to redirect (which can be turned
of on apache too)

Just link to /a/b/c/ if it bothers you.

You might want to use <link rel=stylesheet type=text/css href="<dtml-var
my.css url>">

To always get the right URL.

Regards
Tino

--On Montag, 28. Mai 2001 09:01 +0200 Jan-Frode Myklebust