[Zope] Avoid or supress heredity

Martin Stötzel martin@stoetzel.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 10:17:26 +0200

Hi all,

I have been trying and trying - but I could not find out:
The problem is that I want to check if a certain file (method) exists in a
folder, and if not, display another method.

I am talking about a 'default_en' which should be displayed if it is in a
folder
and a 'default' which exists in each folder and should be displayed
otherwise.

To make this clear:

root:
default
default_en
 + folder1
    - default
 + folder2
    - default
    - default_en

OK, everything works, exept in folder1. I check if a 'default_en' is there,
otherwise display 'default'. But what happens is that because of heredity
the 'default_en' from the root is found and displayed.

The code is simple:

    <dtml-if "'default_en' in objectIds('DTML Method')">
        <dtml-var default_en>
    <dtml-else>
        <dtml-var default>
    </dtml-if>

Does anybody know how I could display the 'default' in folder1? (I mean,
with the functionality I want)

Thanks. Martin