[Zope] standard_error_message

Chris Ryland cpr@emsoftware.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 17:15:09 -0400

(I guess no one's interested, so I'm digging further.)

It now appears from a Zope 2.3.0 source perusal that no one actually uses
the standard_error_message DTML method -- a comment in HTTPResponse.py for
the _error_html() method says

# XXX could this try to use standard_error_message somehow?

That leads me to believe that it's not officially supported.

However, I do note that it must be used *somewhere*, because my
standard_html_header and _footer get into the act somehow, and those are
only invoked from standard_error_message.

Then again, modifying standard_error_message to add some identifying marks
(e.g., "Foo!") to see if it's being invoked don't result in those marks
being visible.

There's something very fishy here. Could some kind DC employee clear up this
mess for me?
--
Cheers!
Chris Ryland