[Zope] Need a good Postgres Database adapter.

bak (kedai) kedai@kedai.com.my
Wed, 30 May 2001 13:16:40 +0800

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 00:27, Stuart Foster wrote:
> I've used the ZPyGresSQLDA product for a couple of years now. Yet on my new
> installation of Zope with Python 2 I can't get the product installed.
> Anyone know of an adapter that works with the newest Zope and Python?
>
> Stuart

my setup -
zope2.3.2
python 1.5.2
postgresql -7.0.x

i started with pygresql too, and moved to PoPy/ZPoPyDa.
i'm now trying psycopg since i encountered too many hangs.  dunno problems
with my setup or PoPy

anyways, checkout
http://lists.initd.org/pipermail/psycopg/2001-April/000074.html.  it'll save
you hours of pain! (my head still aches)

also, checkout the cvs version since you can specify whether to use
mxDateTime object (which gives out auth error in zope) or Zope's Datetime

good luck