[Zope] Customizing / borrowing code from /manage/ screens

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 14:04:51 -0700

What most of us have done in the past is to write custom user interfaces,
calling the underlying /manage interfaces (and borrowing code where
applicable).

The new way is to use the CMF (Content Management Framework
http://cmf.zope.org) -- a Zope product that comes with a more user-oriented
management inderface and the ability to delegate content management to
selected users.

In the long run, you will appreciate not having to reinvent the things that
the CMF does for you. In the short run, it's yet another steep learning
curve on top of the basic Zope learning curve.

-- Loren