[Zope] ObjectManager problem

Max Møller Rasmussen maxm@normik.dk
Thu, 31 May 2001 12:47:03 +0200

> From: Arkaitz [mailto:arkbit@yahoo.com]

> Are you sure ObjectManager and Item are incompatible base
> classes? I've
> been using them together to get title_or_id from Item for
> objectManagers
> without any problem, and actually, the standard Zope Folder class uses
> both as well.
> I think the problem might be in the order of the base classes in the
> class declaration. I think that if you put ObjectManager
> before Item, it
> should work fine. However, I'm not sure if this the reason behind the
> problem Max was having.

As it turns out the ordering of these classes seems to be the exact reason
for my problems.

I removed the simpleitem.item and the stuff mostly worked, but I could not
see my image in the view tab of my image tab, as it returned a wrong path to
the Image.

I then inserted the SimpleItem.Item as below, and everything is dandy.

My class declaration now looks like this::

    class ots_laering(ObjectManager, SimpleItem.Item, ots_laeringLogic):

and things behaves exactly as expected.

It's a lovely day

regards Max M