[Zope] How to caller acquisition path to an object through python script ?

Gilles Lenfant glenfant@bigfoot.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 14:19:32 +0200

Hi,

I's not possible to expose my problem with a simple phrase. So I'll write
down an example:

I got a "main" DTML method that contains:

-- DTML method "main" --
<dtml-var "getobject(somearg)">
---------------------------

"getobject" is a python script that finds a Zope object (DTML method or
document) depending on "somearg".

-- Python script "getobject" --
# find object depending on "somearg"
return anobject(context)

OKAY, it runs but I want the object uses the acquisition path of the Folder
that contains the "main" script.
I need that the returned object uses the acquisition path of the "main" DMLT
object.
When used like this, if the returned object uses a reference to something
that's in the "main" object's namespace, I got an error.

Any clue ?

TIA

--Gilles