[Zope] differentiate dtml method from document

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 08:23:21 -0400

dave@kovach.com wrote:

> Is there a suffix I can add to DTML Methods that would then be

> recognized by the ZODB upon creating an object externally like from

> within Dreamweaver?
>
> If I create an object externally and call it SOMEFILE.DTML

> - it is recognized as a DTML Document.
> Ok, good. But, now I want to create a file that will be recognized

> as a DTML METHOD.

Zope doesn't care primarily about the suffix;  its PUT handling (for
WebDAV/FTP/HTTP PUTs) looks at the Content-Type header (if there is
one;  no such luch with FTP), and only reverts to guessing type from
extension if it is not there.

You can override the default behavior using the 'PUT_factory' hook,
described at:
   http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/HookablePUTCreation

Essentially, you would drop in an ExternalMethod which did the name
recognition you desired, e.g.::

  #   Implement the "hookable PUT" hook.
  import re, OFS.DTMLMethod

  NAME_PATTERN = re.compile( '^.*\.dtml$' )

  def PUT_factory( self, name, typ, body ):
      """
      """
      if NAME_PATTERN.match( name ):
          return OFS.DTMLMethod.DTMLMethod( '', __name__=name )
      return None

Tres.