[Zope] too much different object types?

Neunreither, Isabelle Isabelle.Neunreither@Dresdner-Bank.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 15:22:57 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem to understand why there are so much different object types
in Zope and why you can't access more general categories of objects. I found
that it is not logic. If Zope is based on objects, he has to group some
objects in more general classes together, so you can access Folder,
Documents, Scripts and Images.
Folder and Image classes exist, but a class Document which is an super class
for the types Files, XML Document, DTML Document, etc. does not exist, as
well as a class Script which could be an super class for Python scripts,
DTML Methode, etc.
i understand that zope needs a precise type for each object, but why can i
not access a more general categorie of objects?

cheers,
Isabelle Neunreither

konsylo
Messeler-Park-Strasse 74