[Zope] differentiate dtml method from document

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Thu, 31 May 2001 17:08:00 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Chris Withers wrote:

> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > Yes: see my latest feature request on this list a week ago: it's not
> > possible yet, but at least Evan at DC seems to think it's doable in a
> future
> > version.
>
> Ooo... I missed that...
>
> Wouldn't a PUT_Factory do the job though?

My solution's advantages is that it would be transparent and would require
no coding from the user, and a few lines from DC ;-)

At least it would work for DTML Methods/DTML Documents.

FYI my solution involves adding a comment which contains the object's meta
type at the top of the DTML Documents/DTML Methods just like for Python
Scripts, and only when exporting, and taking care of it when importing if
this specially formatted comment is there.

bye,

Jerome Alet