[Zope] Customizing / borrowing code from /manage/ screens

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 12:57:29 -0400 (EDT)

Andres Schneiderman <schneida@seiu.org> wrote:

> Let me be a bit clearer.  I installed CMF w/o any problems and
> was able to create an insta-portal.  But when I tried to start
> customizing the sucker, I got lost.
>
> For ex, I used the "Folder contents" to add a few folders &
> documents.  But when I clicked on "view", they didn't show up.
> So,
>
> A)  How do I get them to show up?

Customize the 'index_html' of your site to show them, using
straght-up DTML (or ZPT) coding.

> B)  If I want to customize the way they're displayed--for
> example, allow for a "blurb" that explains what's in the
> folder--how do I go about doing that?

In the ZMI, go to 'portal_skins/generic/index_html', select
the 'custom' folder, and click the "Customize" button;  the
CMF will make a copy of the filesystem-based 'index_html' as
a standard DTMLMethod in the 'custom' folder (under
'portal_skins');  it then redirects you to the 'manage_workspace'
of that DTMLMethod, so you can edit it.

> Again, if this is written down anywhere, just let me know where
> to look.

The CMF Dogbowl has a number of documents and how-tos on
"skinning" the CMF:

  http://cmf.zope.org/search?SearchableText=skin