[Zope] Netscape Problems

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 00:16:59 +0200

Hi!

I am quite sure that all these problems are client-side or non-Zope-specific
HTML issues, just because I can't imagine how Zope should "know" about the
Netscape browser. If there was a really bad protocol flaw, it should have
been detected months ago.

The problems you describe seem to be very different from each other:

I know about the tables issue. This is a well-known Netscape problem. It
just has a very bad table geometry engine. As soon as it gets too many
nested tables, it freezes almost.

The stylesheet problems are also well-known. If Netscape can't find the
specified stylesheet, it loops.

I never saw the other cases on Netscape for Linux. They might therefore be a
platform-specific problem I don't know of.

Let's face it: Netscape 4.x is a lousy browser compared with almost anything
else on the market. It is the only browser in our test suite that can not
display style sheets with Javasrcipt disabled. And even if it displays
styles, it is not standards-compliant with that ...

Joachim