[Zope] Caching on-the-fly resized photos (implemented)

Markus Schaber markus.schaber@student.uni-ulm.de
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:13:07 +0100

Hi,

Ron Bickers wrote:

> The timeout is the tricky part.  Ideally, every time a display is requested,
> an *access* time of that object would be updated and thus the age of the
> display would be reset to 0.  This way, commonly accessed display sizes
> would never be purged.  Since ZODB doesn't keep an access time, I could just
> use the mod time and update it when the display is requested.  The problem
> with this is that it would cause a large number of writes to the ZODB, and
> since ZODB is append only, it would quickly bloat.

Why don't you invent an "access time" attribute yourself, and just update it at every access?

markus

--
You don't have to be Microsoft to suck... but it helps.
(Tim Hammerquist in comp.lang.python)