[Zope] a question about REQUEST.REMOTE_ADDR ?

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 08:24:19 -0600

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 09:57:29AM +0800, Eiffel wrote:

>    I made a guest book, and i wish to write down every guest's IP
> address .  here is my code, but i keep getting IP address 127.0.0.1
> , whY??? can any one help me with this ? thanks in advance.

You've got Apache/squid/something else proxying to Zope on the same
machine, right? You'll likely see the same thing in your Z2.log
because Zope's not seeing any connections from the outside world, only
through your proxy on 127.0.0.1 -- search the mail archives for
references to possible Apache patches that pass through the client's
IP.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu