[Zope] I think I'm a complete burke - Basic permissions and CGI

Bruce Dykes Bruce Dykes" <bkd69@yahoo.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:06:12 -0500

Okay, I'm missing something. In all the discussions of Permissions, roles,
ownership, and security policies, the focus appears to be on multi-user
systems, while I'm having problems implementing some basic anonymous CGI.

I want any user to just paste some data into a textarea on a form. This form
then launches a python script that extracts the relevant data from the
pasted info, and stick it in an array. This array will then be used as the
source for a SQL query, whose results will be used as the source for a
ProComm script file. But before all that, I need to know just what the basic
permissions and roles should look like for this fairly basic and standard
CGI process.

This doesn't appear to be rocket science, so where am I not looking? I've
been reviewing The Zope Book, and the Web App Construction Kit, but they
seem to focus on multiple users, which, while useful, seems to be much more
than what I'm looking to do...can somebody point me at the right how-to or
FAQ please?

Thanks,
bkd