[Zope] RE: "ZopeTime" not defined error?

Dave Lehman davelehman@loewen.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:07:36 -0600

Thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought of doing this, and it definately
works around the problem.

My bigger problem and concern is that i'm suddenly getting several of these
"ZopeTime" errors, and i'm not sure where they are stemming from. I have
developed lots of methods using "portal_catalog.searchResults" which all
seem to fail (in you're not a Manager) with this same "ZopeTime" error. Do
I have to proxy *all* of the methods as Manager access? This doesn't seem
right to me-- is there some other security setting in Zope/CMF that I don't
know about, or have not set correctly?

So now I understand how to work around this issue-- assign Manager proxy
rights to all my methods. But this is treating the symptom, and not the
root problem.

What I still want to know is this: where does the "ZopeTime" error stem
from? Why is Manager-level access required to access the ZopeTime variable?
I haven't been able to find specific mention of this requirement anywhere,
which still makes me think i'm doing something instrinsically wrong in
either my Zope or CMF configuration/implementation.

--dave